DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, after bitching about my $100 dollar razorstars inability to hold air after two summers I completely failed to learn my lesson and went and bought these:

Full set of chrome twin sixes... got them for $40 bucks. (with lugs, no center caps:sneaky2:)

3 of the 4 are perfect in front. Pictured is after a super quick clean, these will polish up nice. The 4th has some pretty bad bubbling around the center cap, so it's probably going to end up being extra after I source another fourth.

So whats the problem? lots of corrosion on the back bead. Here's what one looks like after about 30 seconds with a steel brush (maybe I need a better pic)... whaddaya guys think? Will they hold air?

Any suggestions for cleaning them up further, Paint them to help the corrosion? Goop em up with sealer when I get tires on them? Or are they not even that bad? Thoughts?

·
Registered
449 Posts
My stocker's have the same issues.. I plan on giving them a good once over and then plastic dipping the wheels black. They are just my winter wheels anyway.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I just wanted to read the thread for the title, lol. Nice find Nate!

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Two words, Bead Sealer

Enough said...

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. I figured a little grinding and some bead sealer and they'll be fine. Thanks guys. I got a lead on a matched set of used good year triple treads with a couple summers of life left for $80 bucks I'm gonna grab this weekend, so total installed price should be around $150. Not bad.... Course I still have no chrome center caps, and I need to replace the bubbled one at some point. :D

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
I have 3 wheels in the trunk that need the same treatment,, weird,, I pulled all 4 wheels,, 1 was brandnew,, the other 3,,, ugh,, a little work ,, some bead sealer,, and they will be good to go,, being your getting used tires,, make damn sure the beads on the tires are in perfect shape

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 3 wheels in the trunk that need the same treatment,, weird,, I pulled all 4 wheels,, 1 was brandnew,, the other 3,,, ugh,, a little work ,, some bead sealer,, and they will be good to go,, being your getting used tires,, make damn sure the beads on the tires are in perfect shape

Good advice from the tire doctor. What to look for? Just gouges, rot etc?

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
yep

if the bead is nice and smooth your good to go, dont forget to check the tire date also

1 - 12 of 12 Posts