DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh oh

I am one of those people who may listen for any little sound. Over the past few days I have noted a small hum or slight grinding almost like a rustedrotor throught the pads sound once the car is warm its gone. this is slight ... any ideas..
3.2 l 1998 es

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is called "brake snatch" this occurs when the vehicle sits for a while especially in the cold. The organic fibers of the pad come into contact with the rotor/drum and cause a harsh/rough feel until you use your brakes and wear the mini fibres off. Hence why you think it goes away when your car is warm. Just use your brakes and this wears off.
Donnie

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thaaaaaaaaaank you

I was hoping it was something like that. I just lost 500 quarters at the slots.... dammmmm

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about the brake thing more but still wondering.
This happens once the car is moving. until a certain speed usually 10 km the if i come to a stop it does it again until car is warm any ideas

·
9,861 Posts
Sticking brake caliper perhaps?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like more of a tranny sound i fear. almost like a wheel bearing at slow speeds. you know the growl or deep sound of grinding. ever so slightly then when i rech a certain speed its gone. then when i slow its there until car warms up....???

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah shouldn't be anything to big, maybe replace your pads if thy're too old???

·
Registered
175 Posts
are your belts old mine sometimes make noise when they are old?!?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts