DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i feel it slowly starting to creep up on me. i thought i was doing so good!! lol

i also have the desire to keep my intrepid original (for the most part). so i was wondering. what do you guys think would be some tastefull performance and handling mods. dont want to touch the exterior. was also thinking (in the future) about trying to get a trep with a blown 2.7, swappping in a 3.5 and just go crazy with that one and leave mine alone.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,438 Posts
Well, for handling, the front and rear 300M special sway bars are a nice touch. Performance, the most subtle mods are usually a K&N intake kit, and a nice performance exhaust system, such as the one from the 300M special. You could also do the 300M special PCM for quicker and tighter shifting, and a little power boost, and add the HO plenum if you dont have it already.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well, for handling, the front and rear 300M special sway bars are a nice touch. Performance, the most subtle mods are usually a K&N intake kit, and a nice performance exhaust system, such as the one from the 300M special. You could also do the 300M special PCM for quicker and tighter shifting, and a little power boost, and add the HO plenum if you dont have it already.
What? if i put a ho Plenum i gain some power? even on a 3.2?

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i recently found out about the high output plenum. i dont have that. is it swapping just the plenum or do you have to put that peice in with it that sits on the front of it. i dont know what the name is but i hope someones knows what im talking about

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,438 Posts
What? if i put a ho Plenum i gain some power? even on a 3.2?
A 3.2 already has an HO plenum, just not labeled as such. :hee:

Since he has an 02 3.5, he very likely has the non-HO plenum, (no SRV/MTV valves).

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,438 Posts
yeah i recently found out about the high output plenum. i dont have that. is it swapping just the plenum or do you have to put that peice in with it that sits on the front of it. i dont know what the name is but i hope someones knows what im talking about
You need the 3.5HO plenum, and the wiring/pcm to operate the HO functions. Perfect time to do a special PCM. You can either add the wires, or switch the engine harness.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A 3.2 already has an HO plenum, just not labeled as such. :hee:

Since he has an 02 3.5, he very likely has the non-HO plenum, (no SRV/MTV valves).
yes thats exactly the setup it has. is it possible just to swap the plenum and nothing else just for the look. i dont want to swap a harness if it involves all kinds of cutting and soldering. if its unplug the harness and run and plug in the new one thats a different story lol

·
Grab Your ***** By The Horns
5,561 Posts
:poke: :rofl:

·
Registered
946 Posts
See here is the problem, once you start, it is hard to stop because one thing just leads to another and before you know it the car does not even look like it's old self.
Lol yup aint that the truth! ^^^^^

1 - 12 of 12 Posts