DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Oil change biatchs

2K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Veeb0rg 
#1 ·
Cos I am a lazy bastard I took the car into a Quaker State quick lube, thinking nothing of it I drove around the weekend and my ride was rather slugish and my knocking got louder, the motor knock that is...

So just on a whim I checked the oil level, the mother-f*ckers have it full twice over! So I am going to take her there tonight to prove what those bitches done, get my money back and drain it to the correct level.. God how much brains does it take to change oil?? Obviously alot.

#7 ·
no kidding! good thing you caught it when you did, it would have spelled a lot of work...hey Si...im suprised they even PUT oil in your car...one of my old girlfriends took her little honda to a valvoline place...they drained it, capped it, charged her, and she drove off. funny thing was, she actually made it back to her house b4 it siezed. :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Val, Geez!!!! There are some major dip-shits around... LHSer, Well I went to them tonight and showed them what they did, I pointed out the homey who filled it up, obviously he wasnt to pleased, they did take the rest of it out for me and gave me my money back... Wont go there again, I got a dodge dealer 3 blocks away, maybe I should go there next :)

#11 ·
about checking the oil level: does the 3.3 have a more orthodox dipstick than the 3.5? ours is one of those stupid little bullets on the end of a long metal wire. it's impossible to get the thing in there straight and by the time it slides down the wall oil is all over the bullet and you can't tell if it's low, high, or just right? is the dipstick a replaceable item?

#13 ·
This is the exact reason I change the oil myself. I'm sure even the Dodge dealer can manage to screw up.

Those aren't bullets, they are pentastars on the dipstick, dipstick. J/K It also seems that the dipstick fits better one way than another, try turning it 90 degrees or so.

#14 ·
WOW very off color remark there Si! I LIKE IT! Kep an eye or ear on your motor for awhile, overfilling is just as bad as underfilling. Overful causes foam, foam=bad. I have No idea what kind of dipshitstick I got, I never pais attention to it! Maybe I should check.......

#15 ·
Hmm...pay twenty buck at a local superstore for oil and filter and a doityourself attitude and get a quality job welldone, or pay the dealer 50 bucks and give him your car for an entire day and pray the the job is done correctly. Well , I think I know what my choice is.

#16 ·
I usually change it myself, but its gettin pretty cold here lately so I thought I would take my car to the local quick-lube... Never again, my baby needs sPeCiAl care :)

#17 ·
Originally posted by Dooley_96 Intrepid ES:
Hmm...pay twenty buck at a local superstore for oil and filter and a doityourself attitude and get a quality job welldone, or pay the dealer 50 bucks and give him your car for an entire day and pray the the job is done correctly. Well , I think I know what my choice is.
Hmmmmmmmmmm.....it costs me about $25 at the Dodge dealer. :)

Plus, they wash my car and fill my blue stuff! :D

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]

#18 ·
Ahh the differece from a 2000 model purchased at the dealer? And my 96 who knows from whoknows where is all. Local dealer here wouldn't even really want to have me for something like an oil change. They need a check engine light at least to feel good. I'd be happy to pay 25 for that kind of service Warlord, hook me up dude.

#19 ·
Actually, the dealer I bought it from was Wayland Chrysler/Dodge on the west side of the state. I than got a job on the east side of the state so I had to find a place to take my car. I now take my car to Sterling Heights Dodge. So, to sum it up, I didn't buy this car from the dealer I'm currently taking my car to! :D

#20 ·
REAL LIFE TIP for all, based on personal experience....

In 1995 I bought a demo 1995 Integra GSR, (yes I know , a rice mobile, pre type R) On delivery the salesguy even went through this humoungous 75 point "Inspection checkpoint list" of what they supposedly did , pre delivery. This list included OIL LEVEL and all fluid levels. He went through it step by step and made me sign it. I was impatient and slightly pissed since I just wanted to get outta there and just drive my new car! Anyway, finally it was finished and started to cruise.

I should note that this car's red line was something like 8500 RPM, and 160 HP from a 2 litre non turbo 4 banger. It required 5 litres... count em FIVE litres of oil.

First 2 weeks I had the car, the engine light kept coming on; on a certain bend, or on the on-ramp. Three trips to the dealer, they can't find anything wrong with it. Shutting the engine down made it go out. They kept re-setting the computer!

During the last time it came on, I was at a gas stationand, and on a whim decided to check the oil. The attendant was surprised as to the amount of times I kept coming back to buy more and more 1 litre bottles. This car was FOUR litres short for I dunno how long! It was red lining to 8500 RPM on only 1 litre of oil.
I was so furious at the dealer, and told them about their BS checklist! :mad: They essentially just shrugged their shoulders. :mad: :mad:

So, moral of the story.... ALWAYS check your oil on delivery and after every servicing, before you even drive off.

#21 ·
Originally posted by Valhalla 21340:
no kidding! good thing you caught it when you did, it would have spelled a lot of work...hey Si...im suprised they even PUT oil in your car...one of my old girlfriends took her little honda to a valvoline place...they drained it, capped it, charged her, and she drove off. funny thing was, she actually made it back to her house b4 it siezed. :rolleyes:

*tweak* well.. there is a thing about this.. their procedure was wrong then.. i happen to work at a *valvoline* place.. and we have a ton of steps to keep it from happening..
any of u maryland guys wanna stop by we on 8th ave in the cromwell shoppin center.. heh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.