DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the oil changed on my 2001 Chrysler Town & Country last week. Happen to look under the hood today and noticed no oil filler cap. :eek: Drove probably 50 - 100 miles. I didn't notice the car running poorly, no oil splash under the hood, still have enough in the crankcase. Did I do any damage to the engine, or can I just put the cap back on and drive for many more miles?:biggrin:

Thanks

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
should be fine. might want to reset the computer on there... disconnect the battery..... but that probably wont' even be a problem.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Im sorry I have to ask why on earth disconnecting the battery would do anything at all with the incident he described? What prompted you to mention that?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
the computer is going to learn of a "vaccuum leak" problem... and might be adjusting the fuel mix for this. (as the engine is designed to have a vaccuum running through it.)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
:devil:
Not a problem, they usually design that part so there's no direct blow-hole to just dump the oil right down, they design it so it's no splashing should you forget the cap.
:devil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts