DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Actually I have always heard the opposite !.

I have used Rust Check and Crown in the past, and never had any problems with electronics.

be interested to hear what others say or have heard though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oil guard rustproofing is a thin viscosity oil that is sprayed on a car to prevent corrosion eg. undercarriage,frame,inside doors etc. cost is about $75.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
cinnamon ES said:
oil guard rustproofing is a thin viscosity oil that is sprayed on a car to prevent corrosion eg. undercarriage,frame,inside doors etc. cost is about $75.
Not needed. The oil collects dirt that traps moisture and plugs drain holes. Modern cars have treated metal and do not need this "protection".

I know a guy who told me his 8 year old van was almost rust free because of oil guard. He only had a little rust on the bottom of the doors and the bottom of his rear hatch. All the points were the drain plugs were blocked. If he did not use the oil guard it would be totally rust free.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Part of regular car care should be cleaning out the drain holes in your doors and truck etc. I usually check this when washing and waxing the car.

I've used similar rust prevention systems for 25 + years, and have not had any doors rusting out . and couple of vehicles have gone 275,000-300,000 km in winters in the Great White North's, sand, salt, chloride

1 - 9 of 9 Posts