DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
change the injector o rings or the gasket?? or both..i have no idea what i need to buy or get to correct this problem....just gettin really bad hesisitation around 41mph, cuz plug # 1 has oil on it... please help

·
Registered
576 Posts
wait wait....is it on the end of the plug where the electrode is all burnt up or behind where the spark plug wire connects?

if its the electrode where the spark plug sparks then youve got serious engine torubles.

if its behind its a common problem with the 3.5L that involves resealing the tube that the spark plug goes down into to the cylinder head.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#@#@#@NOTE#@#@#@\
THE OIL DOES START ON THE TOP OF THE PLUG THO..I THINK IT JUST SEEPS ITS WAY DOWN INTO THE PLUG..
ONCE I CHANGE PLUG...CAR RUNS FINE FOR ABOUT 100 OR SO MILES....I GUESS ONCE OIL GETS TO THAT PLUG AGAIN...STARTS TO ACT FUNNY AROUND 41MPH

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
BRAND213 said:
#@#@#@NOTE#@#@#@\
THE OIL DOES START ON THE TOP OF THE PLUG THO..I THINK IT JUST SEEPS ITS WAY DOWN INTO THE PLUG..
ONCE I CHANGE PLUG...CAR RUNS FINE FOR ABOUT 100 OR SO MILES....I GUESS ONCE OIL GETS TO THAT PLUG AGAIN...STARTS TO ACT FUNNY AROUND 41MPH
The plug is sealed. If you have oil on the bottom end, then you have major problems(oil from the piston end. A oil leak on the top is not going to affect performance in 100 miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts