DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after awhile off throwing it off of changing the oil pressure sensor that kept giving me the blinking red oil light everytimei I came to a stop, I finally got it replaced after the sensor started leaking oil.
But now my oil light indicator in the cluster has burnt out and I need to replace it. I've taken the dash off to pull the cluster out to change the tachometer bulbs on my other intrepid awhile back so i got that part covered but for the red oil indicator light is it an led? How would I go about changing that bulb?

·
Premium Member
17,323 Posts
It is an LED - unusual for them to fail.

You used an OEM sensor? You know that it is not a connection problem at the sensor, or that the new sensor isn't bad (not closing when engine is off/pressure genuinely low)? IOW - you grounded the end of the wire that connects to the sensor, and the light still does not light? It could of course be a broken wire which you might be able to test by grounding it and wiggling to see if the LED blinks (of course would need a helper for that, and it might not be a conclusive test) - or check for 10+ volts at the sensor wire with it disconnected from sensor with ignition turned on, or do continuity test from sensor to cluster with cluster out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts