DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought the van a couple weeks ago and I started having the oil light come on every couple of days and it would go off with 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of oil well now it's coming on almost daily now it's gradually gotten worse over the past couple weeks! It does need a oil change for sure I need help!! I am a girl yes but I can figure out the replacement of some things just looking for advice on where to check???

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Well, gonna be honest. This is a forum for the Vans as title does say Dodge Intrepid. So may wanna look into an actual Caravan Forum.

Regardless, either you have a bad oil pressure sensor which is located near the oil filter screwed into the block, or an actual oil pressure problem. Both require some one turning a wrench.

Oil pressure sensors are known to get weak and or go bad.

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
..."I started having the oil light come on every couple of days and it would go off with 1/3 to 1/2 bottle of oil..."

Pardon me if I'm making a wrong assumption, but the way you said that, I get the impression that you're just adding oil without checking the level with the dipstick. Makes me wonder if oil level is very low and you're adding just enough for the pump to develop enough pressure to keep it alive (and maybe it's using a lot of oil).

Again, sorry if I'm jumping to the wrong conclusion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts