DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@peva,
Yes, I'm aware. I have that part in hand, but it's on hold for the moment. You have to remove part of the suspension on this car, just to get to 2 bolts of the oil pan. When I realized that this required putting it on jacks or a lift, that's when I decided to "admit defeat" for now. I'll have to get the pan, gasket, and rear main done at a shop--due to them being better equipped than I am. If I had a lift or a "safer" way of doing this, then I'd be all over it.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
...I'll have to get the pan, gasket, and rear main done at a shop--due to them being better equipped than I am...
That being the case, when you take it to them, I'd print out the bit in the FSM about the torqueing sequence on the structural collar as you explain to them of the potential for cracking the pan due to bolts being at 90° to each other if the proper sequence is not followed. You run the risk of their taking offense at you "telling them how to do their job", but if they put their pride over your wanting to be sure they don't inadvertently do expensive damage to your car, they're not the people you want to have working on it anyway. It's the kind of information that is specific to our vehicles and not obvious unless it is pointed out (hence why you're doing so), and they should be objective enough to take it that way.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts