DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 00' Trep for 2 years now with 35,000 miles and have had to have three major oil leaks handled. The first was a cracked oil pan, the second a bad gasket on the front engine cover. I just found out the other day that I also had a leaky power steering pump. Thank God I bought the extended warranty. Now i'm worried about driving the car to hard. I dont need the car to spend another 2 weeks in the shop! NO FUN FOR ME!!! Has any one else had these problems with their base 2.7 liter TREP??? :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
INTREPER...I have a leak at the front of my oil pan too. Haven't taken it in to be checked yet. I have a 01 2.7 SE...bad thing is it just turned over 10,000 miles. I noticed it at about 6,000 miles. Was yours fixed?? What did they say was the problem?? :eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
My 2000 SE has yet to have any problems or oil leaks and I drive it HARD. I did notice a leak after driving on the highway for over 3 hrs at speeds between 75-80. The liquid didn't have a smell or any color so I deduced it was water. Don't know why it would be leaking so much. Anyone have any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
457 Posts
ummm......... yeah

I had A leak

noticed it at my first oil change. I took it to the dealership and they did thier littel dye tests and said, "there's no leak"

second time around I take the car to the dealer for the oil change and they say there is an oil leak. I tell them the car hasnt been using any oil. They again run a dye test and find nothin. Atthis time I tell them that the power steering fluid is very low.

third time I take it to the dealer and say that the power steering fluid is again low. They check the car and tell me I have a rear main oil leak. I says "hey, the car is NOT loosing oil" They test it again, with dye, again and find that its not the oil leaking. As it turns out its power steering cooling coil. So they replace it.

No leaky since. (knock knock)

I was just amazed at the fact that them dolts could not figure out what was leaking considering the oil was never low but the dam power steering fluid was always low. Dodge might wanna look into its training proceedures.

My Only Problems Are Repairs

truer werdz where never spoken

·
Registered
151 Posts
let's see... got a 98 2.7L Trep brand new..

Power Steering Problem (air in lines)...
Tranny lines leaked...
Oil pan leak....
Front axel seal leak...
Possible Differential Leak..

ALSO...
Front windows. adjusted twice..motors replaced... twice
Actual front windows had to be replaced...
rear window adjusted twice
Trunk release had to be fixed...
Rubber lining around doors and trunk had to be re glued...
Rear Axel Noise (fixed muffler hangers?)
Both front Tie rods replaced after a year and a half...

ALL THESE WERE FIXED UNDER THE BASIC WARRANTY OVER 3 YEARS.. BUT warranty expired this past july..

NO EXTENDED WARRANTY....

I hope nothing else goes wrong..
P.S. I don't drive like a granny... but I don't beat on my car...

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mopar Man....The leak was found all the way around the oil pan. It seems the oil pan had a small crack in it. They replaced the gaskey and the pan under warranty and its been great ever since. The other leak was the front cover of the engine. They replaced the cover and the gasket and running great. Tell you the truth, I dont think the TREP has ever run so darn good! Good luck to yah!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts