DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k. i just had an l.o.f. done 2 days ago. today i was driving around town and my oil light came on... but only while i was idling like at a stop light or parking. when i would get going the light would go out. i stopped and checked the oil...level was perfect ...oil clean. now it was really hot today here in florida... about 95, probably hotter on the roads. would that affect the oil to the point where it's affecting the pressure? or is it something i should get checked. i checked for codes, none showing. anybody have any ideas? thanks:devil:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Sounds like a faulty oil pressure sender. Then again it could be from the hot weather. Give it a week, if the light is still there upon acceleration, check the pressure sender.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you,but if I had an oil light coming on at idle I would get it checked right away.Call the garage that did the oil change and see if they can check the pressure for you.If one of my customers had a problem like this I would want them to call me to check it out right away.I would rather narrow it down to a bad sensor or pump before they call me to tell me the engine went.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oil light coming on means low oil pressure.Whether its a bad sensor or not it still isn't right.I find it a little unusual that it started coming on shortly after you had an oil change done.Look at all the posts on oil sludge problems people have talked about on here.It may be just a bad sensor,but wouldn't you sleep better at night knowing it was nothing major.I'd rather be safe than sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts