DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a situation I never seen before. On my 94 caravan with a 3.0 v6 my oil light comes on after 5 mins of running it and my engine begins to stall out and quit. I try to start it back up and it'll fire up for a quick sec and die. Sometimes it'll fire up and one run at a very low rpm then quit. I let it cool off completely and start it back up and no oil light until 5-10 mins of running and soon as the light comes on it begins to stall and shuts off off. Is this a faulty oil pump or is the oil too thin? I have 5w30 in it and the engine has been rebuilt. I changed the oil 3 days ago to see if that would solve my problem but it didn't

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
The stall out is likely a dirty throttle body and IAC. The low RPM's are probably why the oil light is coming on. Get a new T/B gasket and clean it out real good.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything has been cleaned and recleaned. The oil sending unit is a new/used unit from the junkyard. The other on was more aged this the one I got on it now. I crank it back up sometimes and it'll run but the oil pressure light is still on.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
Get the oil pressure checked and if that's OK...then buy a new oil pressure sensor from the dealer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts