DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 97 3.5 seems to be covered in oil at the lower engine block. It is not dripping, it s just covering everything. All my fluids are fine except that I am leaking power steering fluid in the amount of a bottle every 3 months, but that cannot be the cause of oil all along the bottom of the engine and engine mounts. I have two months to go before I can trade this in so is it a leak I can fix or just ride it out untill I get a 2nd gen concorde?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
the seal on the power steering pump leaks (common problem), and it gets "spun" out on the pully. This, in turn throws it all over your engine, and eventually, the wind from driving will push it all over the place.

Find a Power Steering stop-leak and see if you can fix it with that.... Autozone should have it...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mine was covered in oil at the front and it was a combination of things: leaking tranny cooler lines at the radiator causing trans fluid to leak along the bottom of the radiator and blow back; leaking crankshaft seal; leaking camshaft seals; leaking oil pump gasket to block.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added some lucas power steering leak fix but since it leaks slowly I have to wait at least another week before I can make sure that it worked. Looks like this problem, compounded with the clunking noise when turning, leaves me with a repair or replace dilema.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts