DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new here.

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid with 81,000 miles on it. I have had the cylanoid (sp?) replaced and kept up with the oil changes every 3-4000 miles. 95% of my driving is all highway miles, 30 miles to work one way. I am taking a road trip with my family this weekend and am a little worried about taking my car. It hasn't been acting up or anything, just paranoid something may happen because I am getting up there in the mileage. It is only about a 4 hour drive, 500 miles round trip. Am I being silly? We just had an oil change yesterday. Any help anyone can offer me to ease my fears would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Melissa

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sounds like a well maintained car. You should be completely fine, especially since most of your miles are highway miles anyway.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I say no need to worry about something that hasnt happened yet. go for it worse case you call a tow truck of do alittle road side repair

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've got 44k miles. Unless mine starts acting out between now and july, im hitting the road with the fam from south carolina to texas. Thats how much faith I have in these cars.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
mmcquitty said:
Hello, new here.

I have a 2002 Dodge Intrepid with 81,000 miles on it.
Welcome aboard...

You should be fine for your trip. My '02 has 247,xxx kms on it (154,xxx miles) and I still pull 8hr round trips into Michigan and back.

·
Registered
605 Posts
We do several trips from upstate NY to MD every year and everything goes great.Right now the Trep has 158,000 and still going!!!I told my wife i'll drive it until the wheels fall off then i might just get em put back on LOL..

·
get off my lawn
15,507 Posts
I got 130k on a 2000 trep with a 2.7 its going to branson mo then on to toledo ohio july 4th,, am i scared?? nope not at all,,,,, now if i find that 300 m i want.......... :bouncgrin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts