DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up two bottles of the anti-foam stuff at the dealership and I was wondering if I should add both bottles or just one and save the other? The other question is should the tranny be warm before pouring this stuff in and should the car be in neutral with the safety brake on and the tires chocked?
Thanks for the responses.
BK

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, now that I read it again- you are quite correct. It is three questions. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I put both bottles in on a semi warm tranny. I have noticed that shifts are a little tighter.

Thats my two cents.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks- I'll add it before I leave work. I think I may try one first and if it doesn't feel like its enough then I'll add the second one later.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I did two at once, I don't think it matters if its warm or not because you don't really notice the effects for a day or two. Definate improvement, upshifts have a little more "kick" to them. You will be glad you spent the $6.00

·
Registered
229 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is this "anti-foam stuff" and what can it do for me and my 2000 ES?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess from the information I recieved here is that when you push your tranny hard the tranny fluid starts to foam and your transmission then feels sloppy and you "might" lose power. The anti-foam is to keep your upshifts more tighter and firm so you don't "lose" power when the car shifts. You stay in the power band longer with less drop in rpm's due to sloppy shifting.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the info!

I'm curious what the life cycle of a single application would be. Does it need to be applied at every X miles or Y # of days?

I haven't noticed any upshift problems as of yet. However, when pulling some er...passing manuevers I have noticed that it takes awhile to kick into the lower gear unless I manually shift.

·
Registered
493 Posts
FYI

The original post (a month or so ago) said you have to wait a week or so for the anti-foam to kick in.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
spook R/T here that was my post it takes time to work. More you drive with it the faster it works.Good luck,use two bottles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts