DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this was mentioned, but I'm a dumb blonde, so I'm sorry.Anyway, WHY is there a Chysler INTREPID? Waz up? And is there any way i can get my back windows to go ALL the way down?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
yea... you get a full size widnow that goes part down, or a smaller window that goes all the way, but a nother little crappy small window on the back that is fixed.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you open the rear door, you will notice that the bottom of the door is smaller then the part of the door at the window. This is because of the rear wheel well. The glass JUST WONT FIT in this area so 95% of 4 door cars rear glass do not go down all the way. If it was smaller it could, but who wants SMALLER rear windows? Besides, it would not look right with the rear window glass so much smaller then the front door glass.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Another small factor I was told was that most children ride in the backseats of cars, and the windows only go half-way down so in case a child decides he/she wants to fly, then they can't jump out of the car. Anyway, it makes sense to me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Does anyone have a first gen with back windows that go all the way down?

I have seen ONE trep that can do this. ????

·
Registered
206 Posts
bhoov said:
Another small factor I was told was that most children ride in the backseats of cars, and the windows only go half-way down so in case a child decides he/she wants to fly, then they can't jump out of the car. Anyway, it makes sense to me.
Indeed, in the days even when the rears could go all the way down (design, bigger cars) the windows were limited in travel due to these very safety reasons.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The fact that they don't go all the way down and saftey for children is a coincedence.
It is because the glass will not fit in the door.
Same as a Chevy Tahoe.

But they don't care about kids in Suburbans?

·
Registered
348 Posts
My New Yorker windows dont go all the way down, and theres pleanty of room for them, it's a '75
From what I have read and heard it started as a child safty thing........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts