DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok the retro is completed and they are currently being sealed up you guys can check them out

They are the completed projectors by customlightz.

e46 shrouds
tsx projector
bosch mini
and yes we decided to leave the orange reflector due to not knowing if there was going to be holes underneath plus i thing it looks more oem now.

Please leave your thoughts on it as this is a first for me and them on the dodge. they area caulking them and then using silicon over that to reseal them. the sealing is being completed but is not completed until tomarrow

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
our lights accept butyl with clips like mine LOL....

They look good .... but that signal projector is kinda out of place. The oem one would have been a better choice or some sort of led reflector.

The silicone is a bad idea... not the best stuff to use, butyl is the best IMO....

Not sure on the TSX... since ive never tried them in my housing but it might be a bit too far back in the housing.

Make sure they seal the back properly so u dont get any condensation issues.

Otherwise they turned out really nice, customlights loves using that silver paint im not a fan of, the e46 bezel would have been a lot nicer if they kept it all chrome.

So except for that signal, they look great.... and i love the amber reflector ... hence i kept mine too.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Tom,

i was talking about the shroud around the projector, not the headlight bezel.... thats another issue.

The e46 bezel was trimmed a lot, and the shroud was painted silver or so it seems.

I think they messed up the headlight bezel and they had to paint it, you have to handle it with microfilm cloth to avoid scratching it.
Im not a big fan of headlight paint in general, only if its flat black for trim. The silver stuff tends to bubble over time and its not a pretty sight. Thats why i used all oem parts in mine and tried to keep as much of the original headlight as possible.

They still look awesome, they will look even better on the car....

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Looks AWESOME! Wow!

Reactions: Code2medic

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its all good man the paint on the shroud tho is actually the same as the front bezel i forgot atm what the reasoning was for the painting of the shroud lip. they orginally asked if silver should be used and it was discussed to go with the same as the front bezel tho it does look silver from the pics.

The headlight bezel was painted due to when it was heated up the chrome dulled out alittle from the heat so it was in better interest to paint it I actually like the look of it painted due to it not being to much compliments well. over im very happy with it once i get them back and in the car ill probally wanna drive to a dark area to see how the output is

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
HEHE i knew it LOL...... Denis opened my lights since i was terrified.... he did an awesome job so the lights were intact after the bake.

you're gonna love HID... Just make sure they fit in the back, they look a little deep. But u prob have the supports cut by now.

Good luck.. cant wait for the running pics...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Im actually not going to cut the supports im gonna use a drill and the circle thing with the teeth on it to make a round hole big enough so they fit nicely in there worse case ill use a dremel on it i dont know till i get back and see what needs to be done. tho i have a few more projects to comeplete also at the same time as these, just pick up a in dash dvd player so i have to hook that up with the xm and nav also i need to throw the spoiler on and do the brake job so its going to be a long day or two :O(

Any word on that project we were talking about price wise and if you were able to locate the maxima projectors for the fogs? i found a mint bumper in the same color as my car so im going to be picking that up soon.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ive been really busy with school, mainly the reason why why im up this late. Plus my parents cleaned up my work area so all of my stuff is neatly tucked away in boxes LOL....

I will check the locals, the maxs come and go, i havent seen any in a while, but i can ask my local and he'll let me know. I dont generally stock too many parts... only ballasts LOL.

·
Banned
972 Posts
I have to say it looks unique. Definitely not the same as any other retro I have seen so far. That's a good thing by the way ;)

I like the turn signal projector, I don't think I have seen that yet, but I have to wonder about functionality, how visible will it be to drivers from the side?

As for the body colored painting inside the housings, definitely cool, my taste would have been to go with black, but then you might as well just go with Diamonds, so your idea is probably better.

The low beam projector does look like it's set far back, but that just goes to make it look more under-stated. More stock-like.

All in all, I like. Great job, can't wait to see them on the car. Get us some pics once you have them installed (like you would wait more than ten seconds ;) )

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm not a fan of the side marker projector; other than that, I love them!
And what Romeo said: Who dunnit? and how much? :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i better answer this one before the sarcasim comes out

Customlightz.com is the company that did them

Look on the bottom of the pics.

Romeo with everything it was close to a grandtho the labor well thats up to the company that completed. I would contact them on the pricing cause it depends on what you want to do

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
wow 1000$... sounds kinda fair.

I charge about 250$ for labour + parts... companies charge more but they are also faster. When u use a retrofitter it can take up to 1-2 months to get a well made retro.. thats pnp.

Customdesignz is into a lot of honda stuff.. mainly the 06 si. But they do a good job for the most part.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
lets see

106 for the projectors
200 for the bulbs and ballast
100 had to replace the lens from the projectors
50 wire harness
30 for the color mod
25 on the paint
65 mini projectors
25 shipping to them
25 shipping return
275 labor

Total about 900 bucks

Well i look at this 900 bucks to see better while driving out in the boonies where everything is dark yeah money well spent plus my life is worth more then 900 bucks. would have paid 2g if i had to

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
linuxglobal said:
wow 1000$... sounds kinda fair.

I charge about 250$ for labour + parts... companies charge more but they are also faster. When u use a retrofitter it can take up to 1-2 months to get a well made retro.. thats pnp.

Customdesignz is into a lot of honda stuff.. mainly the 06 si. But they do a good job for the most part.
Linux well i would have gone with you and paid a fellow member but you declined due to being in canada. Oh well i hope the fellow trep member living in the chicago area gets this deal from you.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts