DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
they look better, but still are a bit plain. I like Stephs idea about putting a little tint on them. Or maybe outline the reverse/turn signals in black paint as well.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
I won't call it plain - anything different from OEM is a step forward. Everyone has their own likes and preferences.

Having said that - the black outline you have there *would* look spiffy with a coat of NiteShades on the rest of the lens. :biggrin: Personally I've only gone with two light coats on mine. Don't want PoPo to have any additional reason to pull me over.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I like the general idea, agree that a light tint to the remaining areas would blend it all together. By chance, did you get this idea from the original Intrepid R/T concept car from '99? It had black surrounds on the tails lights that didn't make it to production...like the dual exhaust :/

·
Registered
167 Posts
I like it, dude, It's subtle, which will keep you good for any kind of inspection or police issues.

If you're happy with it, then that's what counts, however I will agree with the idea of a light tint of nightshades would look cool also.

·
Registered
167 Posts
By the way, the quality of the paint job you sprayed is awesome.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I was thinking about dark tinting the turn/backup parts of the lenses like this.

I would really love it if the 01-05 stratus lenses would fit. I also thought about a body color outline, not sure what that would look like either.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like the general idea, agree that a light tint to the remaining areas would blend it all together. By chance, did you get this idea from the original Intrepid R/T concept car from '99? It had black surrounds on the tails lights that didn't make it to production...like the dual exhaust :/
I just couldn't stand the red outline with my blue paint anymore, looks good on a red car though.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Don't tint the turn/ back up lights! When I tinted my tails I tinted the whole light, backing up at night is now nearly impossible, especially with the window tint. Here's what mine ended up like. I'll be most likely re-doing them to not include the turn/ reverse sections in the tinting process.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
here's what mine look like. couple light coats of tint on the visible red/amber ..metallic black on the rest.. left reverse lights so I can see!

I used to have it like this..

..As long as you dont go nutty with the niteshades..you'll be fine.. 2-3 coats are plenty .. and a coat or 3 of clear coat.. I've heard of people using too many coats of niteshades and not being able to see their lights at all ..at night its not so bad..but in direct sunlight its hard to see when you're breaking

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I own an '02 Stratus R/T coupe in addition to my '01 Intrepid R/T and I know what you mean about the tail lights, they emulate the Intrepids shape, but have cool 3Dish lookin circles in them and are like blood red, I love them! And the ones you are referring too are only '01-'02, don't see them often. :) Personally, the most tied together look I think would be for you to LIGHTLY night shade the remaining parts of the lenses, thats it, for a subtle, tied together look. I think that most people go overboard and the BLACK lights stand out and don't look right, there is something to be said for subtlety. Try that out and see what you think in PS. Heres a side pic of the R/T concept, you have to look at the side of the tail light to see the black surround...(small tidbit for everyone...the concept also had the turn signals whited out with yellow bulbs so there were just 2 white lines, but the signals still flashed yellow)....also for those that don't know, a pic of the rear of the Stratus coupe...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.