DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I poured Lucas Fuel System treatment into my tank, and fill her up to about little over 3/4 of a tank, I just wanted the fuel treatment, to clean her up thouroughly!, After about 1/2 tank, shes running alooottt smooother, WOW!, EXCELLENT!, I have 175,000miles on her rite now:)) ), and running gooooood and strong as ever!,

Just wanted to pass this along!, Thanks!

Anyone else try Lucas Products?, or any other ggooood results from another brand(Blended additives?)?..

LUISA

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rite now I cant run a higher octane, #1 - Broke as hell rite now til payday!,lol,#2-Unleaded is at $2.99/gallon(USD), So Im on to that, I drive a serious commute, so the cheapest for me rite now is good, but im staying with 1 kind of gas, (shell's for now for a while!, Its always good to try and stick with (1-Kind) of gas, At least thats what I have gathered along the way.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
luisa said:
Rite now I cant run a higher octane, #1 - Broke as hell rite now til payday!,lol,#2-Unleaded is at $2.99/gallon(USD), So Im on to that, I drive a serious commute, so the cheapest for me rite now is good, but im staying with 1 kind of gas, (shell's for now for a while!, Its always good to try and stick with (1-Kind) of gas, At least thats what I have gathered along the way.
Yeah, I meant once in a while when adding the injector cleaner I run a tank of higher octane. Runing higher octane on 2.7's is useless as they were designed to run on regular, and that's what I use.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Yeah, I meant once in a while when adding the injector cleaner I run a tank of higher octane. Runing higher octane on 2.7's is useless as they were designed to run on regular, and that's what I use.
So how strong is that 2.7L holding out Terminator101ca?. Treatn her like a baby huh?, lol, Hey just wanted to knwo wat kind of oil are you using on her?, ;), and For how long?, and do u recommend fit or a 3.2?/5?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
luisa said:
So how strong is that 2.7L holding out Terminator101ca?. Treatn her like a baby huh?, lol, Hey just wanted to knwo wat kind of oil are you using on her?, ;), and For how long?, and do u recommend fit or a 3.2?/5?
Well I beat her like a donkey but it's holding it's own. Actually I am very aggressive in acceleration, but I make up for it in frequent synthetic oil changes(Mobil one,Napa Gold filter) for almost 2 years now. I have a little leak and it burns a little oil but you would expect that from any car this old 210,000Km or 130,000 Mi that sees city driving only. Other than that it's a little champ and kicks ass in his category. I only run synthetic in all my cars knowing what a leadfoot I have, and with the sludge problem in 2.7's it's a must. For the 3.2-3.5 a good dino oil with frequent oil changes will keep it in tiptop shape, but if you have the money go synthetic, nothing beats that yet !! :dance2:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I add a bottle of fuel system cleaner or injector cleaner after every oil change (3k miles). I tried the Lucas fuel system cleaner once. I didn't notice any difference between Lucas and the other brands I've used (Prestone, Slick 50, Valvoline, etc). I tend to stick with Prestone just to keep it in the family. :)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Running higher octane does nothing, federal emissions standards require the same amount of cleaners in all octane ratings of gasoline. Higher octane gas these days is really only for engines designed for it. There's a reason why manuals these days (my 300m special's included) states specifically that not only will you not see a performance gain, but it may damage the engine over time. My manual says 89, so I use 89.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.