DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's some memories for all you old school PC geeks, I found two sealed boxes of 5-1/4" 1.2MB floppy disks in the supply closet at work

the sad part is that noone had thrown them away years ago..the real sad part is imagining how much money we spent for these when they were new..

check them out

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Why is that old school? They were still around in the early 90's... and I remember when I used to work in the Accounting dept that they kept a PC around which had one of those drives... and it actually got used once in a while that was in 1995-1997.

You know it's funny there haven't been any advances... we are still stuck with 1.44MB floppy disks.... not that I even use them anymore

Tom

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
somewhere around here i have an old 360k floppy.

ahh old school, ti994/a, trs80, model 3, Tandy CoCo, Timex Sinclair, Adam, Vic 20, commie 64. i've ownned all them.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Talk about Old School? I've got a box of 8 Inch floppies and a stack of instruction manuals for the VAX 11-780.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
man, even I remember the old big floppies which were actually floppy! man those things are almost non-existent today, by the way, how much data could those things store? I am talking about the ones that were used in apples in the early 90's?

·
Registered
187 Posts
You want to really get scared now?

I still have banks around the world that still use those 8 inch floppies in their series one boxes. Series one devices transmit at a blustery 4800 or 9600 bps over leased lines too.

Funny part is many of them consider it okay to run technology from the early 70's.

sURFN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts