DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was the first time i actually gave my car hell from 0 till it shut off. It happend to be against what i think was a mid 80's Camaro with a 5 speed. It was kinda crappy. It was someone i knew so we lined up next to each other on the highway, counted to 3 and gave 'em hell. He stayed with me for about 1.5 seconds and then i continuously pulled away. He was WELL behind me when my car topped out. Now i know what thrasher means about eating windshield, cuz i almost found out what my steering wheel tastes like. i didnt think my car moved that good after 100 but i guess i was wrong. im guessing my car could do about 120-125 screaming if it didnt have that friggin governor. ah well, i still won i guess :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
What speed did your govenor kick in? I was going like 110 in my car when I raced the Ranger. Nothing happened...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it kicked in at a hair over 110...and when that sucker kicks in, it slows your ass down pretty quick :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Did you hear the anti-locks come online? Kind of a groan or hum? I wonder if the governor is in league with the traction control? Maybe if one were to turn TC off, no governor? Just launching scuds, I'm no car expert. :p

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
nope. I got a govenor on my '96, and no ABS or Trac control. all it does is start 'forgetting' to fire spark plugs and lean out the mixture until the speed is back to where the computer wants it to be.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i dont have TC or ABS on mine... :rolleyes: ....*sigh* gotta love the base models

·
Registered
415 Posts
I just checked my engine fuse and relay box and my ABS fuses are missing!! ERR!! Damn I got so screwed on this car... I'm hesitant to replace the fuses and get the ABS online. I'll have a mecanic check it out and see if it'll work... :mad:

·
Registered
415 Posts
They're just pulled. Damn! I went to discount auto and they only had 1 30amp in and now 40amps... God!! I have a nasty feeling if I do get the fuses, as soon as I put them in, the brakes will dick up. :mad:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Hey Starscream....Is your car even supposed to have ABS? That could be why they aren't there. There may be a space for them because it may have been an option. I don't know what was standard and optional equipment on your car. When you turn your car on, does the ABS light go on?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
the ES's had ABS included and Trac control optional. The base models had ABS optional... don't know about trac tho.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
When your governor kicks in the fuel is shut off. Nothing to do with the brakes or spark control. I did the same thing in my 98 Neon R/T down shifted at 80mph to second gear. lift teeth marks on the dash. Scares the **** out of you when it happens with out warning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts