DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from Firebird raceway last evening I pass a green Concord LXI nothing unusual about that but as I get closer I notice it has a green vinyl roof, not only that but it has chrome moulding near the bottom of the roof but not at the edge of vinyl so that vinyl is on both sides of the moulding, and the vinyl does not go all the way to the front of the roof it stops about 2" back from the roof edge and there is no moulding there, neither does it go down the a-pillars as was customary for vinyl roofed cars, anybody else see this before?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
wasnt there a post last week about someone selling a 300M with a vinyl roof that was being discussed? anyway, ive never seen one in person, but sounds interresting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've seen them. It's cheaper than replacing the roof skin if it was in a wreck.Local body shops around here, save time and money by "throwing" them on. I myself think it's a real UGLY thing. However, alot of shops around here sell to older ppl, and they seem to like it........still ugly, no matter whom the next buyer is...

·
Registered
193 Posts
THe vinyl tops are real popular amongst the elderly. I just don't get it, why would a 82 year old buy a 40 grand Caddy with a plastic roof cover?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts