DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Alex, and i'm here for my dad (who is clueless about how forums work), who drives a 1997 Intrepid ES Sport. Our other car is an 89 Ford Taurus SHO, which i do most of the driving of now.

i registered because our local shop is asking $400 for cat replacement, and i'm here looking for advice. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
oh oh me first, me first!! LOL

I can't help you on the cat replacement advice but I can welcome you to D.I.net!

Someone will be around shortly to help answer your question.

Have fun and read read read!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the welcome :)

i actually posted in another thread about the cats, some one had mentioned $55/cat from summit, and i posted asking for more info... so... there or here, info would be greatly appreciated :) (btw, price is in $cdn, so its not AS outrageous)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, we went to the shop earlier, and its the right hand side pre-cat thats gone.

i did a search, and i couldn't find anything regarding an aftermarket replacement. the closest i got was one person saying they'd never had to replace a pre-cat.:dozeoff:

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Pep Boys if you don't feel like getting dirty, or Midas or one of those specialty exhaust shops. Shop around for the best price. Any good auto supply store should be able to order one for you, or, go to the Buy/Sell/Trade forum and look for Jeff Hunters "Huge Discount On Mopar Parts" thread. Jwff works for a Mopar dealership and offers genuine Mopar parts at a very good discount to DI.net members.

Welcome!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to DI! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts