DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago I came home and mom noticed the right side brake light didn't come on. I planned to take a trip to Canadian Tire and buy a bulb for a couple bucks. I bought the bulb and took the light off and all 3 bulbs in the light worked whe nI turned the lights on, but when I pushed the brakes, they didn't respond.

A week later the other side is doing it. There are 3 bulbs on each side, two big ones and a small one. All 6 light up with the tail lights turned on but not the brake pedal being pushed.

All fuses are fine.

The top light works fine. I can't figure it out though, why would all 6 bulbs work but not light up when I push the brakes? I have to drive it to work and school, btu I'm worried about the safety and of course getting a fine.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
The same result continually happens with a brand new bulb installed in any of the 4 sockets? Both filaments in the bulbs are still intact?

·
Dain bramaged
7,213 Posts
first.. make sure they are dual filament bulbs.. and then make sure they are installed correctly.. if they are upside down, then when you turn on the running lights they light the brighter filament and when you step on the brake it lights the dimmer one.. won't be noticeable..

also clean the contact points for the bulbs in the sockets.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to check that when it stops raining (looking like it could be 40 days...lol)

Never even thought about dual filiments. But as far as the signal switch, what relation would that have to the brake lights? I know it controls high/low beams, but other than that and wippers I didn't think it did anything (except signal of course ;) )

1 - 5 of 5 Posts