DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, guess who might be heading to Ontario this summer?? Yup, got the word yesterday, when the tour overseas is done, come home and will probably have to pack up/sell the house and move the family to Ontario, Trenton area to be exact. Now to sell off a few unnecessary extras!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
We went to NIagara Falls on our honeymoon and it was absolutely beautiful up there (end of April)...then we headed up to Niagara-on-the-Lake and the weather was so clear you could see the Toronto skyline...I just don't know if I could take those long winters!....oh and btw, learn to love hockey....those people eat, breathe and live that stuff up there! I bought a Leafs jersey while I was up there and they were in the 1st round of the playoffs...this elderly woman in this candle shop asked if I was going to watch the game that evening and I replied "probably not Ma'am, I'm on my honeymoon." To which she answered, "Listen my boy, marriage is forever but game seven is tonight!"...Another woman rolled her window down and hung out (she was driving and swerved in to the other lane) while screaming at me "GO LEAFS!!!"....passionate hockey people, eh?

·
Registered
83 Posts
move the family to Ontario, Trenton area to be exact. [/B]

Holy crap man

I live in Trenton. West end to be exact. You will either love it here or hate it. Tons of trailer trash, but lots of moderate to high income people and businesses as well. You will like CFB Trenton. I did my co-op with the military police there. Huge military town.

When are you coming by? Hope you miss the cold snap we are having. Last night it was -37F. Now it's a warm -18C

Write back

Adam Metcalf

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should know by Feb-Mar if we're going for sure. then probably July will be the move. what's the housing costs like?? need BIG garage, if I can't sell the race car it comes along with the 4x4!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey.

Check out http://www.quinterealestate.on.ca/ for housing info. All the local realestate agents use this site to post. LOTS of places to go 4x4ing and 2 race tracks within a 1/2 hr of Trenton. And best of all, I work at a stereo shop and can get you killer prices on stereo stuff. :)

Any questions about the area or how a certain area is to live, give me an email - [email protected]

I'm not always on the intrepid site to check my pm

Or give me a call - 1-613-394-6992 (probably a ***** of a price for long distance)

Cya

Adam

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Welcome!!! Never been to Trenton myself......heck, probably couldn't even pick it out on a map. I don't know much of Ontario east of Toronto.

Rob

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Trenton, Ontario????? When you said Trenton I thought you meant New Jersey!!!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
That's like Ontario, California :hehe:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's a Trenton in NJ???? lol, no Trenton Ontario, Canada, just East of Toronto. Going to be a traveling summer!! Leaving tomorrow to go back to Bosnia, then when I get back in April, plan for the drive back East.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
bataxee said:
We went to NIagara Falls on our honeymoon and it was absolutely beautiful up there (end of April)...then we headed up to Niagara-on-the-Lake and the weather was so clear you could see the Toronto skyline...I just don't know if I could take those long winters!....oh and btw, learn to love hockey....those people eat, breathe and live that stuff up there! I bought a Leafs jersey while I was up there and they were in the 1st round of the playoffs...this elderly woman in this candle shop asked if I was going to watch the game that evening and I replied "probably not Ma'am, I'm on my honeymoon." To which she answered, "Listen my boy, marriage is forever but game seven is tonight!"...Another woman rolled her window down and hung out (she was driving and swerved in to the other lane) while screaming at me "GO LEAFS!!!"....passionate hockey people, eh?
When Canada won the gold medal in the last winter olympics, all my friends and I went downtown and were waving our flags around, screaming like mad-men. I lost my voice for 3 days because of that night. Definitly worth it......... if the Leafs ever won the Stanley Cup, I wouldn't be able to talk for months.

When that lady yelled "GO LEAFS" at you, I hope you politly hollared back at the top of your lungs.

Hockey is our religion :D

GO LEAFS

Avenger said:
That's like Ontario, California :hehe:
Don't forget, we also have Paris and Woodstock and London

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Stock04Intrepid said:
Don't forget, we also have Paris and Woodstock and London
WE REALLY need to meet up sometime......we can talk Leafs and Intrepids and Hockey

You're my kind of guy :D Man, my voice went last year during the Islanders series :hehe:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Avenger said:
WE REALLY need to meet up sometime......we can talk Leafs and Intrepids and Hockey

You're my kind of guy :D Man, my voice went last year during the Islanders series :hehe:
We'll call G.I.Joe (MeanGreen) and see if she'll wanna join.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Uhmmm.....Go Habs Go!!!???

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Just between Detroit (and surrondings) and the GTA, we could have quite a # of people meet up for a mini-meet.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I'm in :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts