DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie here. just finished replacing motor mounts, water pump, thermostat, head gasket, exhaust mani gasket.
for the life of me i cant remember where these part goes

·
Registered
14,920 Posts
I'm not certain where that bracket goes. List the year car and motor size to help narrow down it.
Part number says 04792261

Late!

·
Registered
14,920 Posts
Dang, I did a motor swap this summer and don't reconize it. Someone much more informed will chime in, looks like the ALT or PS or A/C Compressor bracket?? maybe, maybe not...

·
Registered
14,920 Posts
That smaller bracket is the motor lift that attaches in front of the A/C compressor, front side of the motor. Acts as a belt guard also.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,516 Posts
its 2003 dodge intrepid sxt 3.5l sfi ho

different angle

Thats your rear alternator support bracket. The upper alternator mounting bolt threads into the large threaded hole on the top in your pic, then there are 2 bolts that secure the other end to the side of the cylinder head. Also, your plastic mounting bracket for your main engine harness attaches to it on the two bolt holes in the flat area.

o here is another part i cant figure out.

i knw its a belt guide but 4got where

Yep, is the belt guide, goes on the stud upper right of the a/c compressor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats your rear alternator support bracket. The upper alternator mounting bolt threads into the large threaded hole on the top in your pic, then there are 2 bolts that secure the other end to the side of the cylinder head. Also, your plastic mounting bracket for your main engine harness attaches to it on the two bolt holes in the flat area.

Yep, is the belt guide, goes on the stud upper right of the a/c compressor.
do hav a pic of it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts