DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we're getting the cart ahead of the horse here in terms of HP measurment and aspiration.

Just about every car under 30,000 with an auto tranny is going to have some powertrain loss on HP... thats why we measure 0-60 instead.

Anyone notice that the 3.0L 200 HP mitsubishi engine in the stratus R/T gets the car moving in the 6 second range?

What I propose is to see some 0-60 videos from across the engine / mod range on level ground. Of course there will be some variation because of tires / wheels, but that info also would be really helpfull to all of us. For example, where does the 6% increase in wheel size from a 16 to 17 affect perf... and what about traction / tire profile? Not to mention K&N vs L-Pipe.

Lets have a look and see what works, what dosent, and how much variation really exists.

I'm gonna get out the DV cam and run some clips this weekend.

CCCP

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As an afterthought... 0-100 numbers would probably be more helpfull. Now where can I go thats flat and dosent serve pork?!

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Six second range i dont think so more like 7.5 with the 5 speed. And 9 seconds with the auto. I`m glad the ricer auto trannys are bad as ours. Smaller front tires will make the gear change to a higher ratio and taller a smaller ratio. Here smaller is better and faster. I have raced Stratus R/T`s they are fast up to 100mph about even with a stick to a Intrepid R/T. But after 100mph the Intrepid will flat walk away from a Stratus.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
no way, the stratus R/T coupe with 200hp and 5 speed would walk any trep R/T any day.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Oh man 97 sport platinum, you are soooooo anti-R/T!!! I've seen it in a bunch of your posts... I just think you're jealous!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aight... see the Intrepid R/T is very sexy. They might as well call it the Intrepid T-REX. Howsomever...I'm gonna have to agree that a Stratus R/T would win, only on the basis of the 5-Speed manual.

But hey, if its a dodge, its ok with me.

CCCP

·
Registered
602 Posts
0-60, I'll probably even get beat by a crappy Saturn (low end accel).

Top end accel or 1st gear kickdown at about 30MPH, whoooooo........

My point is Intrepids accel rather nicely at higher end. Get a second gear kickdown at around 60-70MPH, it'l jump a little and accel rather nicely, usually at least with my treps.

Stratus R/T w/3.0 was independatly verified by Skip Barber Racing School at 0-60 in 6.55 Seconds. I imagine due to shorter gearing therefore we could possibly take it to one at higher end accel.

Yeah, I would like to see some video and independant testing. Then we have a "control value", then people can clock their mods against it.

Later guys.....

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
for the love of god, please don't tell me you almost took a SHO in your 2.7

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
maybe the sho lost 2 of its cams in a freak timing belt accident....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts