DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get some insight whether I should drop the pan and change the filter, when I swap in the 2.7L gears.

It appears that the previous owner did the tranny filter/fluid around 90K, I now 108K, just wondering if I should change it again or is it a waste of time?

Also, I assume that mopar ATF+3 is compatible with mopar ATF+4.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Changing the fluid too much is never a waste of time.... Too early is better than too late.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
k-nash said:
Just wanted to get some insight whether I should drop the pan and change the filter, when I swap in the 2.7L gears.

It appears that the previous owner did the tranny filter/fluid around 90K, I now 108K, just wondering if I should change it again or is it a waste of time?

Also, I assume that mopar ATF+3 is compatible with mopar ATF+4.
+4 is compatible with +3 but the +3 ATF cannot be used in cars that came with +4. Yeah go ahead and change the filter too, if he did it at 90K with no problems I don't see any harm in doing it again at 108K.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked the service records I got with the car, previous owner did the fluid/filter at 92K paper says they used ATF+3.

So it it seems at 108K is not too soon then. It also seemed better to me to drop the pan and drain more fluid out for when I crack open the diff cover.

At this time also I am going to change the diff fluid as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts