DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. It's gonna need a fair amount of work that you'll probably be paying for since it's about the definition of a Rustang. Just look at the roof.
I know that there will be a lot of work involved, but my daughter said she wants a project car or truck for us to work on together. And considering that initial out of pocket is less than $100.00, I thought this might be a decent one.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,032 Posts
I wouldn't buy that with my dog's lunch money.....never mind let one of my kids drive it.

·
Premium Member
16,690 Posts
If the purpose is a project car to work on with your daughter, then it might be the thing. You seem to know what's going to be involved. I've never had a Muskrat - some I wouldn't mind having.

Timing chain or timing belt? External water pump or chain/belt driven?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Since he's giving it to you, you could drag it home and then take a closer look at it.

If your assessment starts to look like a black hole, then you can give it to someone else or scrap it.

You're in Idaho so, I don't think rust is a big issue for you but a truck project really sounds like more fun!

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the purpose is a project car to work on with your daughter, then it might be the thing. You seem to know what's going to be involved. I've never had a Muskrat - some I wouldn't mind having.

Timing chain or timing belt? External water pump or chain/belt driven?
It has the 2.3 L Pinto inline-four which if I remember correctly uses belts for both timing and water pump.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since he's giving it to you, you could drag it home and then take a closer look at it.

If your assessment starts to look like a black hole, then you can give it to someone else or scrap it.

You're in Idaho so, I don't think rust is a big issue for you but a truck project really sounds like more fun!

Best of luck to you!
I just think that Mustang would be an easier and less costly one than my 1999 Grand Am GT1, which needs a complete engine rebuild.

Or my 1981 Toyord (Toyota with a Ford 302), which needs just about everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts