DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? I thought I would see what it looked like before actually doing it. Take a look at the grille.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you post a front shot as well. The angle makes it hard to decide whether it would look good or really bad.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Second Pic

I could not find a front end shot, but this is pretty close. I also tightened the mesh some. I'm using pictures of another Concorde I found on the 'Net just to get an idea of what it would look like. Another thought I had would be to have to original factory grill chromed?

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
grille

I actually like the mesh, the new Jag is going to a look similar to that. I say go for it!

Plus, I don't know how easily you can have the plastic grille chromed...and who wants factory anyway???:wink:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm not sure if it will look cheap or not, but I would try to chrome the existing grill. You could try some silver spray paint. If your going to scrap the original, why not.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chrome

Hey, I like the chrome look better. And yes, I would be scrapping the old one. I'll have a go at it if I can figure out how to get the grill off.:D

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I think the mesh looks awesome. I think you should go for it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, there's a silver (chrome plated) piece that goes around the grille and the grille is attached with several clips and two screws. I've yet to get it out though. :mad:

There are two clips at the top that I can't seem to get to. And....when I do get those out I hope I can figure out how to slide the grille out.

·
Registered
83 Posts
definitly go mesh, very cool lookin

·
Registered
349 Posts
Definitely go mesh... the chrome reminds me too much of the chevy venture minivans. Also, the mesh gives the chrome surrounding a better material to contrast with. I think the mesh looks very nice with the concorde. Just my opinion tho :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done it!

Okay, I've added the grille. Here's the end result...

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Looks good !! Try and get some daytime shots tomorrow so we can get a good look...but from what I can see...I like!:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts