DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Well I'm sure that someone handy with Photoshop and a frt/rear picture of your car will help you make your decision. :)

Personally, I can't stand those wide stripes on cars... Some are more offensive than others (eg, the Hyundai Excel I saw sometime ago). I'd rather stick with a monochrome paint scheme myself.

Ironic though how I kinda fancy those big tires with the yellow/red/blue rubber stripe down the tread that ricers seem to like. Go fig! :) Can't remember who makes those - probably Yokohama? I'd never have those on MY car, but they're kinda cool.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yes someone that does some nice photoshop work should be able to "install" them on your car free of charge so you can see what its like. Personaly I do not really like racing stripes on my own car,

·
Registered
207 Posts
those tires are by made by
BF goodrich ... theyre called scorchers ... saw them at the cart race in toronto this year.
kinda neat ... like you tho i wouldnt have them on my car.
a touch too much for my taste :)
as for the stripes ... id have to pass on those too ... sorry

·
Registered
381 Posts
I mostly think they look stupid but I saw a car that had them offset to the left and they looked sharp. I think because they were not too wide it looked better.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
warlord....in a word. please don't.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 97 sport platinum:
warlord....in a word. please don't.
Isn't that two words? :D

Ummmmmmmmm........the consenses seems to be no. :)

I guess I'll go with plan B. It's time to get a "Type R" sticker, a coffee can, a picnic table for a spoiler, and maybe a VTECH sticker, and some Japaneese Anime art graphics! hahahahahahahha :D

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
man, u can't have the picnic table spoiler! I want it, I was thinking about a nice red one.

...sheesh...

u can have the fart can.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
warlord...technically, it's a word and a contraction. :p :p :p

please, please, please, please don't desecrate your r/t in the ricer fashion. this includes all of the following: picnic bench, park bench, dinner table, fart tip, coffee can, bumblebee, type R, VTEC, VTEK, Powered by...(insert anything word here), or anything thing else that you've ever seen in your rearview as you've flown past a honda or a mitsubishi.

:D

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I know you guys are mostly against "riceing up" the Intrepids, but I kinda like the ricers (in my rear view hahahaha). I'm gonna rice up my 2002 R/T and nobody is gonna stop me =). I'm gonna get mirror tinted windows (silver and blue two tone), I'll also go for those blue LED chrome washer nozzles and maybe some Chrysler and R/T badging, possibly even "Powered by Magnum" LOL.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
My idea is to put a bumble bee stripe on the rear quarter panels like they use to in the late 60's MOPARS. I've seen a DAKOTA with them and it looked awesome! After I get wheels that will be my next project. Turning my TREP into the KILLER BEE to match my 68 SUPERBEE! HELL YEAH!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not my cup of tea either. I think that some sort of subtle graphic/pinstripe is the way to go. Tasteful, not garish.

Reminds me that as a joke I put red racing stripes on a Ford Tempo I had - too many beers in the hot sun I guess - but it did look hilarious! :eek:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hey warlord, if you want them, get them, but sense you asked for peoples opinion, your gonna get em lol. I think putting racing stripes on the R/T would ruin the classy look of it. I look at an intrepid as a luxury car, but when you bolt down a 3.5 or a 3.2 magnum in it, its a luxury sleeper. Thats the cool part of it. Personally I would use the same money for the stripes, and take my girl out to dinner, just my 2 cents.... :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Personally I would use the same money for the stripes, and take my girl out to dinner, just my 2 cents.... :)[/B][/QUOTE]

Wow man, you must really be against racing stripes. LOL, j/k

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Hoo hah! You said Picnic-table!! Ow, my spleen! :D

Not to get off topic, but I did see one of those 'ladder-style' wings (3 tiers!) on the back of a newer Mustang, complete with the dual racing stripes from head to tail. I wonder if that wing will snap off if he shuts the trunk very firmly.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
warlord...technically, it's a word and a contraction. :p :p :p
Smart-ass!!! :D

please, please, please, please don't desecrate your r/t in the ricer fashion. this includes all of the following: picnic bench, park bench, dinner table, fart tip, coffee can, bumblebee, type R, VTEC, VTEK, Powered by...(insert anything word here), or anything thing else that you've ever seen in your rearview as you've flown past a honda or a mitsubishi.

I was just kidding about the picnic table spoiler and fart can and stuff. I don't consider the racing stripes as being a ricer feature. In fact, I don't recall seeing any ricers that had racing stripes. I've seen countless Rams with the stripes.

[ October 30, 2001: Message edited by: Warlord187 ]

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by 95-TREP-ES:
Hey warlord, if you want them, get them, but sense you asked for peoples opinion, your gonna get em lol. I think putting racing stripes on the R/T would ruin the classy look of it. I look at an intrepid as a luxury car, but when you bolt down a 3.5 or a 3.2 magnum in it, its a luxury sleeper. Thats the cool part of it. Personally I would use the same money for the stripes, and take my girl out to dinner, just my 2 cents.... :)
Yup, I did ask for opinions! Thanks to all! :)

There really isn't nothing luxurious about the R/T (the 2000 year). There was no leather option or automatic climate control. I view it as more of a "sporty" car, than a luxury car. After all, it is a muscle sedan! :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts