DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Piaa has some new blades out. They are supposed to be silicon based (I think its like the California Water Blade)idea. Here's the link Piaa. I'm not sure of the price though.

[ December 17, 2001: Message edited by: BK ]

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I am also looking into new wipers for winter time, the old ones are not doing the trick anymore.

·
Registered
504 Posts
There's about $30 apiece. 24" for the driver's side, 22" for the passenger's side.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I use Rain-X...I love watching those little beads of water run off my windshield. And I don't have to use the wipers as much. :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
RainX builds up on your windows! It is a bear to remove. So on my R/T, a year old now, I've not used it and just try to keep the windows very clean. I do miss the water rolling off however.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I've been using it for a couple years now and have never had any build up. After a while the sheeting action wears away and I re-apply it. It seems to work fine for me.

Oh well...it is pretty neat.

BTW, it is pouring right now!!! :)

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
hmmm...maybe i should try rain x. i've never used it before.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use Rain-X and it works awesome! I have to re-apply my Rain-X also, but I do also need new wipers. I've had my car about a year and a half and still have the original blades. :eek:

Maybe I should just convert to using one wiper... :D Relax people. I was just joking. :)

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
You know... im just going to get the Mopar replacement blade when mine goes bad... which will be soon. Honestly I really dont see any improvements a different brand blade will give you over the one thats made for your car.

****... its raining Intrepiditious? I am in LA right now and I gotta fly back in a few hours. Bummer.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
You bum...you coming out of Ontario or LAX?

I'm leaving for Michigan on Friday (yup, I'm driving!) Maybe we can get together next week after X-mas for a couple brews.

BTW, it's not warm here anymore! You're in for a little surprise when you get home! :)

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm surprised no one else has had the RainX buildup on the windshield. It causes the blades to skitter and there is a foggy film after the blade wipes off the rain. It's most visible at night when there is a light shining on it, like a street light.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Don:
I'm surprised no one else has had the RainX buildup on the windshield. It causes the blades to skitter and there is a foggy film after the blade wipes off the rain. It's most visible at night when there is a light shining on it, like a street light.
I have noticed a film when I use the wiper blades. But, after about 10 minutes or so when the windshield gets warm, it goes away.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use RAINX on my rear window, visibility sucks out the back window when it's raining cuz the rain likes to just sit on it. RainX helps a little for me. Don't use it on the winshield though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts