DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a buffer.. I haven't looked into prices or started researching it yet.. I was thinking you guys would know something more than the biased opinions online by particular companies or whatever.. But it seems like a good buff job is around 75 bucks minimum, so I'm wondering if I should invest the cash and buff it myself? Would a powerball and cordless drill be worth it or should I get a buffer?

I'm looking to also maybe charge a few bucks to do friends and neighbors cars on the weekends too..

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/pc-7424.html

That is the buffer you should get. It's a Dual Action Polisher, not a high speed rotary, so you don't really run the risk of burning through paint. It does take some practice, but you'll catch on quick to this piece of equipment. Before you go around charging, you may wanna use this on your own car a few times to get the hang of how it works and how to use it with different levels of polish and such. The Powerball is NOT for waxing and polishing cars as a whole. It's for getting into things like spokes of rims, polishing headlights, stuff like that. It's not meant to do the whole car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts