DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I was following a guide to install an OTIS. This is my wiring configuration:

OTIS Power > Dome Lights Power
OTIS Ground > Radio Ground
OTIS Ignition On Power > Radio Power (It's set to Ignition On in the fusebox.)

I'm pretty sure that's ok. The problem I'm having though is that the instructions I found said to use a "terminal connector" to connect the PCI Bus wire (which I have already run, it's just hanging there with a cap on the end at the moment.)

The problem is, I have no idea what a terminal connector/crimp is, and I can't seem to find anything that looks like it will fit in the PCI Bus. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Woober Goobers!
50,026 Posts
^.....this.

Pretty much the majority of cars that came with OTIS/EVIC have a Sunroof. Getting a roof harness from one of those cars won't affect the OTIS/EVIC install. There'll be extra wiring that goes back to the sunroof module on the drivers side "C" pillar that doesn't need to be connected along with the connector at the OTIS/EVIC for the Sunroof controls.

Most of the cars that have an OTIS/EVIC also have the rear "reading" lights. You can desperate the entire harness from the headliner or just get the front section and cut the wiring that goes to the back reading lights and not worry about it.

The wiring harness is glued to the headliner. It's pretty sturdy glue but once you get a section loose you can separate it pretty easily.

·
Registered
14,929 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't even think to check for harnesses. That definitely would have been my best bet, but I already connected all the wires except the wire from the OTIS to the PCI bus. That's run, but it's not connected at the moment. It's getting it into the PCI Bus that's the problem:

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/howto/second/OTISinstallation/OTISInstall2.gif

I can't figure out what kind of connector I need to fit that, on the top left.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts