DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had poor mileage problems....

replaced the PCV valve...did not click at all......till I hit it a few times then it started to move....

cleaned the air filter ...cleaned the battery connections....

spark plugs are next on my list.....

Filled my car up....My Otis says 370 miles to empty.....use to say 280 or so....I know it will start to kreep down but to start this is cool to see

Hope this is correct and I am on the right track to getting more miles to the gallon...

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Your DTE will change as the OTIS reads data and converts to average MPG.
It determines how much fuel it thinks is in the tank, then tells you haw far you can go. That will change as your average changes.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Most common causes of rapid fuel mileage loss are O2 sensors, Coolant temperature sensor and EGR valve. Next on the list would be throttle position sensor and EGR position sensor. Good chance it's one of the first three.

·
Registered
291 Posts
OneFore9 said:
Most common causes of rapid fuel mileage loss are O2 sensors, Coolant temperature sensor and EGR valve. Next on the list would be throttle position sensor and EGR position sensor. Good chance it's one of the first three.

If the above sensors were going bad woundn't they cause a "CEL".

·
Registered
299 Posts
pgr1940 said:
If the above sensors were going bad woundn't they cause a "CEL".
Not necessarily. These sensors can deteriorate over time, and may eventually trigger the CEL. When they fail completely, the CEL should come on. Here's a link to a good explaination on several of the sensors:

Engine Management

1 - 7 of 7 Posts