DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello people i have a few questions. I have a 1999 dodge intrepid base model 2.7. I was reading DJPILL description on the overhead computers. Will this work on my intrepid? I found one at a local salvage yard that i can get cheap. Its in a 2000 chrysler concorde. I also noticed the mirror in that car had a wire going from it the the overhead computer. If it will work what else should i get from the car other than the display itself? Im pretty sure its the OTIS model she is saying that will work for my car. Thanks My car has no overhead computer at all right now.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
you will need to get the harness from the donor car. The harness connects to the lights in the rear handles, the lights in the over head console, the otis and the rear view mirror. You may as well grab the mirror too so you will have an auto-dim mirror.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
the oh **** handles/pull handles above the rear door have lights in em.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So the harness i need runs on top of the headliner back to the rear handles? Do i have to get any sensors or anything like that from the car since my car has no overhead computer now? My rear handles have no light in them if thats what you mean.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
So the harness i need runs on top of the headliner back to the rear handles? Do i have to get any sensors or anything like that from the car since my car has no overhead computer now? My rear handles have no light in them if thats what you mean.
no sensors. Just grab the harness, overhead console and the autodim rear view mirror. you have to take the headliner out and the old harness out and put the new one in, then connect it to the junction/fuse box on the left side of the dash. If you dont want to take out the headliner you can always splice and grab the three connectors in the harness (1 pci at the junction box, one at the otis and one at the mirror and build your own harness. Then you can splice the wires of the existing harness (yellow and pink and connect it to the new one you made so your lighted handles and the rest of the stuff will work. That's what I did and works fine, but I will be taking out my headliner in the summer to install the proper harness.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe a dumb question for ya. How does the outside temp funtion work since my car has no sensor now?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Maybe a dumb question for ya. How does the outside temp funtion work since my car has no sensor now?
all second gens have a sensor equipped in the front of the car if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This wil run off my computer i have now. I dont have to change the computer?
nope it will plus right into the junction box. If you kook ad the left side of the dash you will see a panel with a handle. You can take it you and you will see the junction box. Look inside it and you will see a connector with a yellow/pink wire comming in from under the a-pillr. You just need to unplug it and plug your new harness there. The new harness will have more wires than the old one.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
ok thanks im going to the salvage yard now
have fun! oh dont forget to take a philips and torx screw driver and also something to cut the wires with (a scissor will do).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok this is what i got from the salvage yard. I hope i got everything i needed. The last pic is what i paid for everything. You cant see it very well but i paid 6.38.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
wow thats freaking cheap

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
well get outta here and start hooking it up! lol

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i hooked it up and it works. But i unhooked it because ill have to find time and cut the headliner and reinstall it.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
$6 ???? WOW
Congrats it'll be an easy install. Did you get the rear grab-handles with lights? That car you pulled that off of probably had a sun sensor and an autoheadlight switch. You should have got those too

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You know i never thought about the headlight switch but im not really worried about the grab handles. So when are we going to install this? lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts