DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ottowrkr, what kind of glue do they use to adhere the weatherstripping around the outside of the door to the frame? On my '00 Intrepid it seems to be pulling away a little from the frame right around the corner of the door on the rear passenger side. It's not a big or really significant problem, just something I'd like a little explanation on. :)

If it starts to get worse, I'll take it to the dealer and have them fix it somehow, since my car is under warranty for another 15,000 miles. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
FIX IT SOON! i had my 98 ES driving me crazy a few weeks ago...the rear passenger stripping would drop down at any time. I wouldnt even have to open the door, opening the window would shake it loos. I fixed it w/ a little epoxy paste and some patience. The stuff i used had similar consistancy to play-dough, and u just roll the two parts together. pretty easy, but dont let it get worse.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I had to have all 4 of my door seals replaced because the stripping basically shrunk....Now I noticed the drivers door might be doing it again!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
we dont use glue . they fit in channels on the door. get them changed if they shrunk. thats what warranty is for.They are using some new parts on the 2002 models. All the bins have "new style parts" stamped on them,so I guess they know about the problem

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, thanks for your input, everyone. I will take it to the dealer and have them replace the door seals...probably when I take it in for an oil change, which will be soon. :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ottowrkr, if I take my car into the dealer and ask to have the door seals replaced, would they be able to get the new ones you were talking about for the 2002 models? I ask only because I'm not sure if they'd use exact replacements (2000 model) or the latest and greatest.

Thanks for your insider perspective. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts