DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want to apologize for any of the off-colour comments which may have resulted from OUR readership at probetalk.com. It is our board's policy to shut down flaming posts immediately. We understand that 2/3rds of all KILLS Forum posts are :bs:, and try to contain it as much. I see some of it has spilled onto THIS board. I have been in contact w/ Randy, and I think we can work together to keep the garbage contained. We all know there are assholes on EVERY board. Remember that they represent a VERY small portion of the entire community.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thank you very much for your support and insight. Hmmm what mods on that probe and you say gt, was 93 gt the 2.3L turbo?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 94IntrepidES:
Thank you very much for your support and insight. Hmmm what mods on that probe and you say gt, was 93 gt the 2.3L turbo?
the 2.2L turbo GT's were stopped at the end of model year 92. My car is the 2nd generation style with the mazda designed 2.5L V6.

My car is basically stock. For performance my only modification is a custom turbo system installed by www.turbotechnologyinc.com. :D Other than a custom made-on-the-car 3" mandrel exhaust and borla XR1 muffler, the car even rides on (model year 96) Chrome ProbeGT wheel.

Here are a couple pics, etc.

re: cars vs. cars....

I understand that the single best thing one can do to make their car faster, is to become a better driver. I am not so worried about straight-line accelleration as I am "fun to drive". Whether its a Probe/Intrepid/RX7/Hummer. Enjoying the car you happen to own is a luxury some people can't share.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Gotta love the bug catcher uhhh i mean front mount, nice. How much boost in that sucker and what kind of turbo? T3?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by 94IntrepidES:
Gotta love the bug catcher uhhh i mean front mount, nice. How much boost in that sucker and what kind of turbo? T3?

:)
Spearco's look good! :)

I have a deltagate limiting boost to about 8psi, for my T3Super60.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Sharp looking car. :D Is it lowered at all? It kinda looks like it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by pimped3point3:
Sharp looking car. :D Is it lowered at all? It kinda looks like it.
Thanks! No, its got the factory springs on it still. :) The only real mod is the turbo.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Car looks very nice BigProbe.

I just remember seeing lots of these back in at the dealer's shop, especially the GT ones. My friends dad worked for a local Ford dealership. Major issue was the fluid transmition could not take the HP that the engine could pump out.

One of the reasons I have always kinda backed off having a fast off the line FWD Intrepid, fear of the same issue.

sURFN

1 - 8 of 8 Posts