DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think we have talked about this a littler but not quite sure so i just wanted to ask again. I remember hearing bout some of the Prowler tranny parts can be put in our trannies to make them more durable? does anyone know what parts exactly or know of anyway to make them a little stronger, thanx

·
Registered
587 Posts
simple question: how much money do you have???

to change the gear ratios alone is something like 1500 bucks apparently.....

The tranny controller for the prowler is about 300 bucks, but will only work with a 97 engine....it MIGHT work with 95 and up cars too, because they all use ODB II, but I doubt it.

Yes, the Prowler tranny parts are probably better....not sure....but is it really worth it? unless your gonna turbo your beast, or never change the tranny oil, and drive like a bat out of hell 24/7 the tranny should be fine....btw, add some tranny conditioner every 6 months to keep the seals tight, and prevent tranny failure.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Tranny conditioner? Sounds like a Russian hair product! :) What do you recommend? Is it safe on our Trannies considering how damned delicate they are?

Cheers

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: Si ]

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes, the Prowler tranny parts are probably better....not sure....but is it really worth it? unless your gonna turbo your beast, or never change the tranny oil, and drive like a bat out of hell 24/7 the tranny should be fine....btw, add some tranny conditioner every 6 months to keep the seals tight, and prevent tranny failure.[/B]
I've only changed tranny fluid once at 70,000 miles, never had a problem with my tranny and it's at 130,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
money isn't as big a deal cuz i do my own labor for the most part, my tranny lasted til bout 80k, then went, but i do tend to drive my car fairly hard, so any adice to making it hold out longer would be great, so what tranny condioner do you use, and yes i have a supercharger setup planned for my 3.5 ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts