DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know im new here but i really need help in a bad way

i have a 94 Intrepid 3.3

the heat isnt working and it is overheating replaced thermostat and it is still jacked up any help will be greatly apreciated

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Rams said:
Try bleeding air from system. The bleeder valve is on the thermo housing.
Not sure of the 1st gens have a bleeder, but those were my thoughts, air in the system. If a garage did the work, then they should have bled the cooling system, or at least knew it should have been done. Any time cooling system work is done, there's the potential for air to enter the system. And just like getting air in your brake lines, yup, you guessed it, its a problem. Overheating and no heat at the same time is probably the biggest symptom of air trapped in the cooling system. If you have a bleeder, then you open it until you get the air bubbles out. If you don't have a bleeder, you can do it with the radiator cap off and the engine running. Keep the radiator topped off and keep watching for air bubbles, until you don't see anymore.

·
Registered
299 Posts
keep your engine running with ur rad cap open. its good to turn ur hear on full while doing this but i see you aren't getting heat. basically keep topping coolant off till you see the bubbles dissapear,

·
Registered
532 Posts
The 3.3's have a little nipple you unscrew on the top of the thermostat housing which you took off to replace the thermostat.
Unfortunately mine was seized and I rounded it trying to turn it w/ wrench. So I parked the car on an incline in my yard (air rises in water) and w/ the engine hot and running I slowly loosened the two bolts for the thermostat housing. Just a little bit until the air began to escape and then the fluid began to dribble out. Tighten the housing bolts and you should be in pretty good shape. There will probably be a little air in there but that wont hurt anything.

-GB49

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that worked thanks to everyone on their input it was a little low on coolant and had aolt of air in the system but works fine now me and my buddy got it goin good

thank you

-Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts