DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my vehicle about 1 year ago where the vehicle had a hard time shifting and would idel high. A new thermastate fixed the problem and the problem went away for more then a year. Now about two weeks ago the problem arrised again, so I changed the therastate. But the problem remains.

THe vehicle will idel at about 1300 at start, slowly lowering to about 1,000 as it gets warmer. it used to idel at about 800.

The vehicle will shift high, sometimes not entering overdrive at all until many miles have been driven.

It seems like all the same symtoms as before, but now i can nnot get it fixed. Anyone have an idea on what could be causing the problem other then the thermastate?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Maybe the coolant temperature sensor is faulty and tells the engine controller the motor and tranny are still cold even after they are warmed up...just guessing here...

Benny

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
try to remove the negative batt, reset the computer and see if that helps. leave it disconnected for 15 minutes that will reset the puter

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dabirdzR/T said:
try to remove the negative batt, reset the computer and see if that helps. leave it disconnected for 15 minutes that will reset the puter
I will try that.

Would the temptreature sensor set off an engine check alarm code? because I checked and there are no hidden codes, which dont set off the alarm.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
I know the temp sensor will set a check engine light, if there is no reading from it.

I had mine unplugged in my 95' while i was working on something. Check engine light comes on, radiator fans come on full speed, and the idle bounces up and down about 100 rpm. Never goes over 1000 rpm though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts