DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 Intrepid SE is a pretty basic spec. However I’m now moving and would find some use in having the garage door buttons in the roof. I think it’s possible but I wanted to just make sure. If it is something I could do, what things would I need to get in order to make it work? Thanks for your time!

·
Woober Goobers!
51,950 Posts
You'll need an OTIS or EVIC with the Homelink buttons. The 4 wire harness from the Overhead to the Junction Block. The plastic bracket under the headliner that's glued to the roof.

Because you have an SE you'll most likely have best luck with an OTIS rather than an EVIC.

OTIS has segmented display.
EVIC has pixelated display.

Your BCM probably won't handle the programming for some of the options on an EVIC. But if that's all that's available and the price is right...go for it. Most of the displays and functions will work.

Biggest issue for most is the cutting of the headliner. You'll need to cut it short by 1/4" around the inside of the Overhead cover dimensions.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,950 Posts
Most of the wiring going from the Junction block up to the Overhead will be bundled with the other wiring going to other items that are on the headliner. Things like lighted vanity mirrors. map lights, sunroof etc.

If the car has lighted vanity mirrors in the visors, I'd snag them...easy to install.

Pull the A pillar covers and other trim off around the headliner so you can access underneath it (Or above it). There's on Philips screw securing the overhead cover up by the windshield. Remove it and the cover pulls straight down held by two clips.

Cut the wiring under the headliner between the A & B pillars where it runs back to the rear reading lights if equipped. Otherwise just grab the whole harness that's under the headliner. The harness in a 300m or Concorde is the same so you can expand your search to those cars. Connections are the same whether OTIS or EVIC. Same with the cover mounting.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You'll need an OTIS or EVIC with the Homelink buttons. The 4 wire harness from the Overhead to the Junction Block. The plastic bracket under the headliner that's glued to the roof.

Because you have an SE you'll most likely have best luck with an OTIS rather than an EVIC.

OTIS has segmented display.
EVIC has pixelated display.

Your BCM probably won't handle the programming for some of the options on an EVIC. But if that's all that's available and the price is right...go for it. Most of the displays and functions will work.

Biggest issue for most is the cutting of the headliner. You'll need to cut it short by 1/4" around the inside of the Overhead cover dimensions.
So besides the cutting, all I’d really need is a harness and an OTIS display?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of the wiring going from the Junction block up to the Overhead will be bundled with the other wiring going to other items that are on the headliner. Things like lighted vanity mirrors. map lights, sunroof etc.

If the car has lighted vanity mirrors in the visors, I'd snag them...easy to install.

Pull the A pillar covers and other trim off around the headliner so you can access underneath it (Or above it). There's on Philips screw securing the overhead cover up by the windshield. Remove it and the cover pulls straight down held by two clips.

Cut the wiring under the headliner between the A & B pillars where it runs back to the rear reading lights if equipped. Otherwise just grab the whole harness that's under the headliner. The harness in a 300m or Concorde is the same so you can expand your search to those cars. Connections are the same whether OTIS or EVIC. Same with the cover mounting.
Oh ok. That doesn’t sound too difficult. Just the cutting part sounds hard. I might make a template for it so I can actually cut it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts