DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea how to remove the overhead console? I noticed and removed the one screw closest to the rearview mirror, but it seems as if theirs something else holding the console on and I don’t want to just start jerkin and pulling on my console. The main reason I’m doing this is I want to replace the bulbs in the map/curtsey light. If theirs an easier way of doing this, I would greatly appreciate knowing. Thank you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If it is a 2G Intrepid or Concorde, there is only one screw. The rest of the console is held by snap clips which just needs to be pulled down carefully.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, thanks for the help, popped right off. Painted the bulbs and put them back in, and it looks pretty good. I will hopefully one of these days build up the ambition to take pictures of it and maybe post a how to… either way, thanks again.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Rubemeyer said:
Hey guys, thanks for the help, popped right off. Painted the bulbs and put them back in, and it looks pretty good. I will hopefully one of these days build up the ambition to take pictures of it and maybe post a how to… either way, thanks again.
What kind of paint did you use? Heat resistant? Overtime the paint made fade. I installed Zenon Blue lights in my overhead "map" lights, and in the rear lights too last year. They still look as new as the day that I installed them. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I originally went out to all the local automotive shops and asked around for some bulb paint, no one had even herd of it. So I eventually stared going to arts/crafts shops and talking to people their, this one guy recommended just regular glass paint. On the bottle it says to paint it then let it bake in an oven (450 degrees or something like that) for like 30 minuets. I figure, if it’s made to withstand that heat, it’ll withstand the heat from the bulbs, and so far, it has and it looks AWSOME! Over all this little "mod" cost me… oh say $1.50 for the paint, and maybe an hour total removing bulbs/reinstalling the bulbs, and a few hours painting/drying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts