DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I know one or two of you guys replaced the bulbs that go in the overhead lights that you push up to turn on.

Where can I get replacements. Since I am about to install an overhead console, now would be the best time to put some new ones in. Any suggestions? Colors? Websites that have them? What type bulb would fit in there.

Lemme know. Thx

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
dealer?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I put the Piaa superwhite ones in mine-they look better than the factory ones. They make the rest of the lights look yellowish. I don't have the package with me at work but I'll try to find it when I get home later tonight.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I changed all my dome lights to blue bulbs... Real cheap mod.. I went to Canadian Tire (Canadian version of... Pep Boys?) I just bought the bulbs for like $5. They're called "mood bulbs". At first they were very dim. But after a couple of weeks, they become brighter cause the colour burns off a bit. They look real good at night

·
Registered
973 Posts
BK - are those Piaa bulbs a higher wattage? I'd like something less yellow but I sure don't want to melt the housing or the lens. My DD (darling daughter) likes to use hers as a reading light while on the road at night.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I don't think they are a higher wattage so I'll have to check for you. I'm almost sure they are same wattage, just super white. I also haven't had my lights on long enough to get any sort of heat problems. They are a lot easier on the eyes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts