DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on everyone, first off i wish everyone a good memorial day weekend and that extra day off. Secondly i need some major help. I was taking a road trip with one of my friends today and was driving down to Indiana only for her to notice that my temp gauge was too high up. I was driving in mid day temps with the a/c blowing full blast. After a few stops i realized that when the a/c was turned off completely the car stayed at its normal temp no matter what i did to it, and the higher i turned the a/c on the higher the temp was rising. I was told it might be something with some of my electrical but im not sure. I have a 00 r/t with otis instal and heated seats wired in, can one of those items be causing this or is something slowely going on me? Any help is much appreciated as im trying to fix this asap. Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sounds like something with the A/C being on when i run my a/c my temps go up also plus sitting and idling doesnt help much. tho mine never went past the 3/4 mark.
Maybe a thermostat or something i was wondering the same thing just never use the air that must to notice

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually pulled over when it got to just about 3/4 on the way up and then after that i never let it go that high up.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Fan might not be kicking on with if im not mistaken is sometimes caused because of the thermostat tho im not a mechanic just know with other cars i have had that happen to them tho wait for one of the more knowledgable guys to make a few suggestions

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fans are kicking in i know that one for a fact since i notice them kick in when i was checking everything under the engine and then started it up

·
Registered
494 Posts
check the level in your overflow...it has to be pretty full for it to stay at the right temp in my 2000 r/t....I just had the same damn problem and I got it flushed and new thermostat and new fluid....now its sweet after some bleeding issues with air in the system....its all ok now...full a/c blasting and driving 85 mph or faster for a full tank to South Bend this week...no probs!

·
Registered
843 Posts
You could try using something like Redline's Waterwetter to help cool it down a little.When I did the motorswap I never put the AC back in so I cant relate to how hot she gets with it on.I just dont use the damn thing. I had a low temp stat in my 97 and the 3.3 ran cooler anyways so I hated seeing the temp gauge at the half way mark.Now with the Redline she only gets that hot if shes in traffic, otherwise she stays at the tick-mark below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.