DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys yep i got a code after i had put a full tank of gas in.

462 Fuel level sender voltage wrong. so what causes this what could be wrong etc etc any help woul dbe great

Thanks

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
Is the gas gauge working right? This code means the PCM lost the voltage signal, or it was too low, from the sender. Chances are its a bad fuel sender, or the start of it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well this morning the light came on again called the dealership and have to bring the car in for service now. hope its just the sender unit it self and not more serious

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok well after taking the car into the dealership I'm told that they do not know what the problem is and why the code is being flashed by the computer. Then then say well it might be caused by the stereo or the xm radio Im like how in the hell does that stuff cause a problem with the voltage in the sender unit? that stuff has been in the car over a year and no problems with it. Then they say it might be the cluster causing the problem im like how that i have had the cluster in there for months and no problems So anyone have any ideas what would cause this problem? so i can get it fixed before it gets worse

1 - 5 of 5 Posts