DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I swapped my PCM with an 02. I'm wondering if anyone that has done this found a way to clear the P0660 & P2008 codes that sit in pending on a 2.7?

& I have to say I'm loving he new shifting!

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Couldn't you "Wire-In" a jumper that makes the PCM think there is a MTV and SRV present? Of course, if they are set by rationality, that wouldn't work. Maybe someone has had a fix for it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know 01 plenum came with a MTV but all the ones I've seen have EGR tubes attached so I'd have to plug that hole. But haven't been able to find one with SRV. Have to look into jumping it like you said.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
P0660 Manifold Tune Valve Solenoid Circuit.

P2008 Short Runner Solenoid Circuit.

Could be a resistor of the right value installed might trick the PCM into thinking the two solenoids were actually there. Again, I haven't done such a feat so, I wouldn't want you to crap out your new performance mod.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the p0660 is easy to fix saw a plenum with one on it at the yard. It's the p2008 that I'm wondering about. Then again I can always drop in a 3.5HO and that would fix it. Lol.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I think Squilly added the plenum. People who have done the swap have reported a noticeable(but small) increase in power. I think the resistor fix for the short runner is the way to go.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I think Squilly added the plenum. People who have done the swap have reported a noticeable(but small) increase in power. I think the resistor fix for the short runner is the way to go.
Nope, Squilly never did that. I just live with the non MIL status of the codes. MTV would be nice, but I have no idea of where to even begin.

I can't recall how the car felt with the normal PCM anymore, too many years of fun driving, lol. But I do remember when I did it, it seemed to really wake up the car. There may be a small power gain, but I really think what I feel are the altered shift points and quick shifts.
Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Just to throw this out there...some 02 cars (such as mine) have a ghost port for the MTV. Basically it is an ornate plastic plug haphazardly welded on to the plenum. A little bit of heat and some massaging will get it off. The nice thing is that behind it are the mounting holes for the MTV. Another thing they have is a metal block off plate for the EGR inlet. Honestly your best bet may be to find an early 02 plenum. It will make the task much easier, whether you choose to take off the block off plate and use that on the older plenum, or take off the ghost port and use the newer plenum

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I can help you there.... grabbed a plenum with the MTV in it already... 99-01 .. just make sure you don't grab one with the AIT in the plenum like I did lol... (Gray plug is AIT off to the right is the MTV.) Second pic is the MTV...

wiring from MTV VT/RD wire goes to C2 Pin#16 on the PCM (have to add it) and the BK/TN travels as so

from MTV to S107 (located by C1 for the PCM)....then to C101#3 (connector by the driver valve cover) then to G102 (Grounding bolt right behind fuse in engine)...... In other words put an eye loop on it and ground it.

That will clear the code for the MTV.... I'll have this confirmed tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As Ross told you, why don't you trick the PCM with a dummy motor or a resistor??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
trying to find out what the resistance is... and so far all I've been able to find are mechanical SRV's nothing electrical.. was thinking of just pulling an electric one and "spoofing" it..

squill gonna take a look at my plenum tomorrow... would a hair dryer work to heat it up?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No worries Peva found an electronic one... took it off and going to hook it up to the PCM and see if I can "Spoof" it. As for the MTV broke 2 plenums trying to get the "plug" out for the MTV. going to wait until Monday then look for one that has the MTV but the AIT before the throttle body not in the plenum... also already have "blockers" for the EGR tubing..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts