DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Zero007 said:
My wife went to start the car this morning (2004/SXT 45K mi), and the Check Engine light came on, and gave her the P0441 Error Code, we looked it up and it says it is due to "Insufficient or excessive vapor flow detected during evaporative emission system operation" this sounds similar to the EGR valve on my old 97 intrepid which I had to have replaced, can anyone tell me wether this problem will correct itself or if need to take it in to my local dealership for repair, thanx
P0441 "Insufficient or excessive vapor flow detected during evaporative emission system operation" has to do with the EVAP system not the EGR system. Two completely different emission controls. Insufficient flow could be from a purge valve/solenoid not opening as its supposed to. Possibly a problem with the valve/solenoid or the wiring to it. A kinked vapor line would also constrict flow.
Excessive flow would indictate the opposite, that the valve/solenoid is stuck open.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.