DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. Today i was driving down the road at about 60 and heard a big bang.I pulled into a service station and parked.Checked the engin and transmission fluid and all looked fine untill I tryed to leave.Transmission would not engage in any ger 1,2,R,D nothing.I checked codes and got P0700,P740,P720,P0715.What do I do now The car is a 2002 Dodge intrepid 2.7 with auto transmission.please post or e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you
Robert

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,742 Posts
P0740 = TCC (torque converter clutch) enable solenoid Circuit
P0720 = Vehicle speed sensor malfunction
P0715 = Turbine sensor circuit malfunction

These codes indicate bad input/output sensors. But what concerns me is the big bang you heard. Usually with bad inputs/outputs you still have reverse and second gear. I might suggest dropping the pan and looking for metal piles or chunks in it.

You could just have bad input/output sensors. Or much worse, what could have happened, that big bang you heard could have been the torque converter, hence the TCC code, (it tried to engage and could not) and if it totally let loose, to where the ouput speed showed the vehicle moving at 60 MPH, but the input speed didnt match, it may have tricked the computer into throwing those two other codes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Had the same exact codes after the 70 MPH Big Bang recently also....so bad it locked the front wheels momentarily. In my case the entire trans was gutted...thankfully still under warranty. Hopefully yours is also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.